- 2 ripe Haas avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce
- Sunflower seeds, for garnish
In a blender or food processor, combine the avocados, vegan sour cream, cilantro, scallion, and garlic. Process until smooth. Add the lime juice, broth, salt, and Tabasco and process until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 hours, until chilled. Serve garnished with sunflower seeds.
From Vegan Fire and Spice by Robin Robertson. ©2008 Robin Robertson. Used by permission from Vegan Heritage Press.
Follow Vegan Heritage Press: Facebook • Twitter • Pinterest