Looking for ideas for what to cook mom for Mother's Day on Sunday? Look no further than the pages of Robin Robertson's newest book Nut Butter Universe! Nut Butter Universe is packed with mouth-watering recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snacks, and Mom is sure to love every one of them!
If you're having brunch with Mom, chances are she'd love a stack of warm Apple-Almond Butter Pancakes! Or how about some delicious Mushroom-Cashew Breakfast Burritos? Fresh baked Ginger-Walnut Scones are also an excellent choice for Sunday brunch.
If you're cooking dinner for Mom, Nut Butter Universe has you covered from appetizers to dessert. Your meal can begin with crisp Spinach-Walnut Crositini or delectable Belgian Endive with Pineapple Macadamia Cream Cheese. Tasty Penne Primavera with Avocado Cashew Cream makes an excellent main course, and we're betting Mom would love a slice of rich and creamy Summer Berry Cheesecake for essert.
Instead of cooking a meal for Mom, you just make her a batch of Chocolate Macadamia Truffles with Coconut and give her the gift of her own copy of Nut Butter Universe!
Chocolate Macadamia TrufflesIngredients:
- 1 1/3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup macadamia butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Finely chop the coconut by pulsing it in a food processor. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set it over a small saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts. (Alternatively, melt the chocolate chips by placing them in a small microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes, or just until the chocolate is completely melted.) Add the macadamia butter and coconut milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place the chocolate mixture, sugar, and 1/3 cup of the reserved coconut into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and roll them in the remaining 1 cup coconut, pressing so the coconut adheres to the truffles. Place the truffles on a platter or a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use
Makes 12 truffles
From Nut Butter Universe by Robin Robertson. ©2013 Robin Robertson. Used by permission from Vegan Heritage Press. Photo by Lori Maffei.
Follow Vegan Heritage Press: Facebook • Twitter • Pinterest