- 1 1/3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup macadamia butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Finely chop the coconut by pulsing it in a food processor. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set it over a small saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts. (Alternatively, melt the chocolate chips by placing them in a small microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes, or just until the chocolate is completely melted.) Add the macadamia butter and coconut milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place the chocolate mixture, sugar, and 1/3 cup of the reserved coconut into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and roll them in the remaining 1 cup coconut, pressing so the coconut adheres to the truffles. Place the truffles on a platter or a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use
Makes 12 truffles
From Nut Butter Universe by Robin Robertson. ©2013 Robin Robertson. Used by permission from Vegan Heritage Press. Photo by Lori Maffei.
Follow Vegan Heritage Press: Facebook • Twitter • Pinterest