sure your berries are well-drained and blotted dry to remove any liquid.
- 3/4 cup almonds, soaked overnight, then drained and blotted dry
- 3/4 cup soft pitted dates
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, then drained and blotteddry
- 1/2 cup natural sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8-ounce) containers vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries, well drained and blotted dry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Fresh berries and mint leaves, for garnish
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan and set aside. In a food processor, combine the drained soaked almonds and the dates and process until finely ground. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine the soaked and drained cashews, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla, and process to a paste. Add the cream cheese, berries, and cornstarch,
and blend until smooth and very creamy.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool at room temperature, then refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan before slicing. (You may need
to run a knife around the edge of the cake to separate it from the pan.) Serve garnished with fresh berries and mint. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
From Nut Butter Universe by Robin Robertson. ©2013 Robin Robertson. Used by permission from Vegan Heritage Press.